Friday, December 27, 2013

After Dawn

Did the light in the room change?
Did that bulb just suddenly go dim?
Cause the room seems somewhat darker.

The room that we both were just in.
Maybe the blinds are casting weird shadows.
Maybe the moon forgot to rise.

I can't quite pinpoint the reason.
But tonight there's darkness in your eyes.
Your voice is void of all softness.

Your fists seem clenched so tight.
You're looking but I don't think you see me.
Something just doesn't seem right.

Did the air in the room change?
Did the temperature suddenly drop?
Cause the room seems somewhat colder.

The room we both were just in.
Maybe the windows are still open.
Maybe we forgot to keep the warmth inside.

I can't quite pinpoint the reason.
But tonight there's a chill in you.
Your voice is full of frosted words.

Your demeanor is giving me the chills.
I'm looking at you, but I don't see you.
This room has a different feel.

I'm in a room with a stranger.
The familiar face is gone.
I'm in a room with a stranger.
Seems a lot can change after dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment