Monday, December 16, 2013

Stay

Writing things in your own words can be a really personal thing. Sharing those words that you wrote even more personal...but who wants to live in a world where you can't be vulnerable. Or real. Or happy. Or hurt. Or share your words. So, I'm choosing to share some of mine. 


I really hoped you change your mind.
I hoped you turn around 
And not walk away.

Thought maybe you'd see the love
I held in my eyes
The love reflecting off your face.

Had convinced myself you'd come back inside
Come in and simply hold me.
Had told myself so many lies

This time the lie had left me lonely
What a mess I made
You tried your best to clean it for me

But the wreckage grew 
In all my little dirty tirades 
Grew so large, with no one to warn me.

That by the time I wanted to help
Help pick up the pieces together
You'd given up on me

Did your goodbye mean forever?
Blame you, I wouldn't
Not love you, I couldn't

Laced with fear and filled with doubt
Still waiting, waiting, waiting
For a man

Not to figure me out
Not to even understand
But to never let go

Of my heart, or my hand
Hold me next to his chest
And feel that beat

And how it still races
When he comforts me, touches me
Makes me feel complete

Humility in his heart
Encouragement on his lips
He fights for what he sees in me

And what he sees in me
is dear. The precious image
Of our God, resting deep within.

Shaping gently my soul
To form a better me
One that will love unselfishly

And finally be free
To feel that all of me is loved
The good, and the bad

So I begin to wait again
With hope for a better ending
A hope that I'll see more quickly

See before it's too late
Cause by the time I decided not to leave 
You decided not to stay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment