Monday, May 11, 2009

...how to live among the wolves...

Patrick Kenzie: I always believed it was the things you don't choose that makes you who you are. Your city, your neighborhood, your family. People here take pride in these things, like it was something they'd accomplished. The bodies around their souls, the cities wrapped around those.....
When I was young, I asked my priest how you could get to heaven and still protect yourself from all the evil in the world. He told me what God said to His children. "You are sheep among wolves. Be wise as serpents, yet innocent as doves."
(From GoneBabyGone)

While I do highly recommend the movie, it does have quite an extreme amount of language and violent content that I am not normally in favor of watching.

"Be careful, then, how you live- not as unwise, but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15)

Thoughts formed based on the movie and my current scripture readings:

Christians need to become more unified (and not in a clickish way) and flock together...allowing the Shepherd to govern over all that we do and say, hour by hour, day by day.

1 comment:

  1. amen. i've heard it said recently that labels are for jars, not people. we do no justice to label ourselves as Christians--conservative, charismatic, emergent, missional, or any other thing. all it does is cause division, when Jesus prayed in the garden that we be one as He and the Father are one.

    thanks for sharing this, Britteni. God's got you on a journey.

    ReplyDelete