Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Prepare for flight...

Welcome to my blog.
My opinions are often heavy, my mood is not always light, but My God is real.
And what and whom I seek is beyond the clouds.

Dear Father,
I've been "spiritually packing" for a long time, but you've yet to reveal where I'm going or when you intend for me to arrive there. I think this is a feeling that many believers can share. And I feel like without knowing all the details, I can't guarantee that I packed the right things (although I can guarantee that I overpacked, seriously...I'm a woman...enough said). I'm excited and I think I'm ready. But how do I know it'll be any better than where I am now? See, I've prepared for the flight...but I haven't prepared for the landing...or for really anything that comes after the free nuts and water on the plane. In these moments God, it should be our prayer that you will gives us the ability to be patient and to trust and to know that when I get off that flight, I may be somewhere even more vulnerable than I am now. Somewhere even more foreign to me, but it is not my job to book the flights, or even to coordinate the landing...it is only my job to pack and be prepared for whatever destination you place me in.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful. thanks for the peek into your intimacy with your Father. (this is interesting since i read this after i just felt led to tell you that God has you on a journey.)

    ReplyDelete