Saturday, May 16, 2009

What a "berry" pleasant weekend!

I will start by saying, that the posts about this weekend...will be week long, because one post would not do it justice. The weekend was "berry" eventful and "berry" fun...
Since Thursday, I accomplished: DTA, Greek Festival, Main Street Jazz, Brass Band Courtyard, Soby's Sidewalk Acoustic Session, Warehouse Attire and Tunes, Strawberry Festival in Slater and the Arts Fest in Saluda.
Food for thought: Sometimes you can't just look at the outside of something and know what to assume or expect about what it's filled with...
Music for thought: They don't sing on key, they need a better drummer, and they are far from charting Billboard record album sales anytime soon. But if you listen...you may learn from their lyrics.
Art for thought: They might make it, even create it, but you discover it's value. It's only worth, what you will invest in it.
Thought for thought: I want to be more local, more home-grown. I want my first name used at the coffee shop and a predictable order at the diner. I want to walk dogs with the Jeffersons and talk about antiques with the Smiths. And on occasion I want to share dreams and play a game of scrabble with John Doe.
*** *** ***
Side item--Artis Overchurch, a new friend of mine (whose name has been changed not for his protection, but in fact to remind him of the significance of "his choice"), was conflicted by two different options for the weekend. My advice to Art was to think and decide what he wanted to do, and then choose the opposite or other choice. Selfless selection is always rewarding. Mr. Overchurch did not listen to me...but I think with time he will see the painted picture or steel sculpture is often created through sacrifice, not at the gallery.
(Mr. Overchurch, I am aware that your personality is such that you can handle such criticism...and that is why you and your actions unknowingly became blogworthy (in terms of my definition, which is not yet official on dictionary.com)) .

No comments:

Post a Comment